This post may contain affiliate links, which means I make commission (at no cost to you!)
if you purchase through the link. Read our affiliate disclosure here.
We seem to have more occasions than not where we get together with friends & bring a snack or appetizer, so I’m always looking for new appetizer recipes to try. This past weekend was no exception, except since I knew I was leaving for Michigan for a few weeks I wanted to use up some items I had on hand. After looking through a few appetizer recipes that didn’t quite fit the bill, I decided to wing it.
And I was pleasantly surprised!
So here you have it- an easy appetizer recipe for a simple and tasty cheese dip!
Let’s get started.
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup light mayo
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 strips of bacon, cooked until crisp & crumbled (learn how to make no mess bacon here!)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Add softened cream cheese to a bowl and mix, either in a stand mixer or with your hand mixer.
- Once the cream cheese is whipped, add in mayo & garlic.
- Once combined, add shredded cheddar, reserving about 3 tablespoons for later.
- Next add green onions, reserving about 2 tablespoons for later.
- Finally, add crumbled bacon, reserving about 3 tablespoons for later.
- Mix well and transfer to your serving dish. (Isn’t that the cutest Rae Dunn YUM dish? You can get one here!)
- Cover with plastic wrap and let chill for at least an hour, but up to 24 hours. The longer it chills the better the flavors meld.
Before serving, *sprinkle reserved cheese, onion & bacon on top. Serve with crackers & enjoy! I especially like appetizers that can be made ahead, so this is staying in my line up.
*Would you believe I had neatly prepped my toppings in individual ramekins in the fridge and I completely forgot to put them on the dip before we left? Would you also believe it was 24+ hours before I thought “Oh no! I forgot the toppings!” :p Sometimes I think my brain is just full.
Looking for more appetizer ideas? Then be sure to check out these posts!
Be sure to take a look at our Snacks & Appetizers board on Pinterest! There are hundreds of appetizers to choose from!