This post may contain affiliate links, which means I make commission (at no cost to you!)
if you purchase through the link. Read our affiliate disclosure here.
Summertime, and the livin’ is easy
Fish are jumpin’ and the cotton is high….
Ooops, sorry, I was channeling Ella Fitzgerald for a minute. As I write this I am in Michigan surrounded by a winter wonderland of snow looking at the lake & thinking about warmer days ahead. Seems odd to be writing about drinks we had last summer, but I’m actually getting caught up on blog posts because it’s been a crazy busy year since the blog launched! Turns out I have a lot to say, so I’ve gotten a little behind on some of the things meant to add to the blog months ago.
Ok, we live on a lake and on the weekends the living is easy and we are all about relaxing and having fun with our neighbors and guests. Sometimes you’ve just had enough beer and something a little lighter is in order. This easy cocktail is the result of one of those times. Oh, and because we happened to have a bottle of this berry juice in the fridge and because fresh blueberries are seemingly always available in Michigan.
Before we get started, I’m going to pause for a moment to plug Tito’s even though they have no idea who this little blogger is.
I buy Tito’s 100% of the time. You may be asking why, especially for mixed vodka drinks, because it is “so expensive.”
- I buy it because it’s the best vodka. It’s that simple.
- This isn’t going to sound great, but I can drink Tito’s all night & wake up ready to go the next day. How, you ask? Because Tito’s takes the time to distill its vodka 6 times, meaning all of the hangover-inducing impurities are practically non-existent.
- It’s smooth enough to drink straight, which I don’t do, but you can.
- It’s 80 proof, or 40% alcohol by volume. (So it’s the best it can be, really.)
- It’s made from corn (and only corn) so it’s naturally gluten free, if that is important to you.
- Tito (Bert is his actual name) is a self-made guy who got into the distilling business because he enjoyed making vodka for his friends. All of this just started in 1994, so for being a newer company its success is incredible. He bought the acreage for his first distillery with credit cards. I love that! (I hate credit cards, but I love that this guy started with *nothing* and is now the best selling vodka in the county.)
OK, that’s why I am 100% about Tito’s. Moving on.
Berry Iced Vodka
This is so easy it’s surprising how deliciously refreshing it is. As I said above, we hang out on the weekends with neighbors & friends, so “big batch” drinks are the easiest way to have a stream of cocktails at the ready. I fell like vodka cocktail recipes are “lighter” than other alcohols so when I make cocktails they are almost always vodka cocktails. Therefore, I like to make our cocktails by the pitcher so I am not running back & forth to the kitchen from the lake all day.
Ready for the secret Tito’s vodka recipe?
2 oz Tito’s vodka
12 oz Simply Mixed Berry juice
Mix & pour over ice. Garnish with blueberries so you can say you ate some fruit today. You can add more or less vodka depending on your tastes. I like to keep it minimal for afternoons in the sun, but you could easily add more vodka. This is by far one of my favorite summer cocktails because it is so easy!
I told you it was easy. Not so easy I’m embarrassed to share it, though. 😉
Do you like how I’ve repurposed the lemonade pitcher from my daughters’ youth into our cocktail pitcher? #repurposed
So easy on a hot, summer day!
If you’d like to see some more easy recipes, check out our post 7 Gorgeous Rose Gold Cocktails.